National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
A. Telehealth technologies for remote diagnosis and monitoring.
B. Telemedicine to improve access to specialty care which would normally not be accessible because of high cost and transportation. This would also link up academic tertiary-oriented health centers with community-based primary care homes.
C. Use of currently available technology (e.g. phone lines, televisions with remote controls, cellphones, weight scales, diabetic glucometers, thermometers) within underserved settings to provide self-management and patient education, increase patient-clinician communication and surveillance of chronic disease conditions.
D. Improved early detection (via saliva testing, breath testing, blood testing) of diseases where there are significant health disparities.
- Agency: Department of Health and Human Services,Department of Health and Human Services
- Program: STTR
- Phase: Phase I
- Release Date: August 05, 2015
- Open Date: August 05, 2015
- Close Date: April 05, 2016
- URL: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-15-270.html