INFORMATION ON THE STATE OF UTAH’S COMPUTER SYSTEMS IS MADE
AVAILABLE AS A PUBLIC SERVICE, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING
- ACCURACY, CHANGES, AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE
The State of Utah (State) tries to ensure that the information made available on Utah.gov Web sites is accurate and complete. Due to factors beyond the control of the State, however, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of information or errors made in inputting and posting data. The State may make changes to a Web page at any time to update, add, or correct the information made available. The State may elect to charge a fee for accessing or using information from the State’s computer system, or may suspend or discontinue making the information available.
- NO WARRANTIESThe State disclaims any express or implied warranties related to making its computer system available for public use, and for any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained within its computer system. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility for the use of information on the State’s Web sites or computer system/s, or for the computer system’s fitness for any general or particular purpose. Nor does the State warrant that the use of information on the State’s system will not infringe or violate the rights of others. The public is granted access to information on the State’s computer system on a strictly “as is” basis. The State denies responsibility for the conduct of its users.
- EXTERNAL LINKS; PERSONAL OPINIONSState computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites. These are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, sponsored, or approved by the State. The State disclaims legal responsibility for any information, materials or services made available on external sites, and for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, regardless of whether the State operates the site, unless the personal opinions are official opinions issued by members of the State government. No other sections of this disclaimer statement are applicable to external sites beyond the control of the State.
- COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONSThe State has made the content of certain pages of its Web sites available to the public. Anyone may view, copy, or distribute information found within these web pages (not including the design or layout of the pages) for personal or informational use without owing an obligation to the State if the documents are not modified in any respect, and unless otherwise stated on the particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use applies. The State makes no warranty, however, that the materials contained within these pages are free from copyright claims, or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. The State disclaims any liability for the improper or incorrect use of information obtained from its Web sites.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF USE
One who uses the information available for public use on the State’s computer system assumes the risk of using or relying on such information. Neither the State, its employees, nor its agents shall be liable for any damages, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages a user incurs as a result of viewing, distributing, or copying materials on the sites made available to the public, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- MONITORING AND PROTECTING THE SYSTEM FROM INTRUSION
All State computer systems are subject to monitoring to assure proper functioning of the system and to provide security for the computer system’s operation. By using the computer systems you are consenting to the exercise of such monitoring practices. The State reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate anyone attempting to modify, deface, delete, or otherwise tamper with or abuse a State Web site, server, database, information system, or other State technology asset.
- UTAH LAW AND JURISDICTION
The materials made available for public use on the State’s Web sites are from computer systems located within the State, and are for the use and benefit of the citizens of Utah. Any person who uses these systems or attempts to gain access to information or materials on these systems is subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Utah. Any dispute arising from a person using or attempting to use information or materials on the State’s Web sites shall be determined in accordance with Utah laws and in the courts of Utah.
- CONDITIONAL SERVICES AMENDMENT TO THE STATE OF UTAH DISCLAIMER STATEMENT ON UTAH.GOV
August 14, 2008